Features of the multi-tier network concept include
- High capacity point-to-point backbone wireless
systems used to cost effectively link cities, towns and
- Point-to-point wireless middle mile systems
linking fiber and/or satellite gateway locations to network
- WiMAX and proprietary last mile systems linking
governmental, institutional, and business users.
- Secondary 802.11 systems providing last mile
connectivity to residential neighborhoods, Wi-Fi hot
spots, small towns and villages.
- Intelligent SchoolWeb bandwidth management
systems that route, cache, manage, and distribute educational
traffic within the network.
- Associated systems and applications that provide complete
integration of the various networks into a common operational